Free download of the Scope and Sequence for all three modules.
Download the Scope and Sequence for Year 2.
Journey to Adulthood is an online, downloadable youth ministry program of spiritual formation for 6th-12th grades. Fully revised and updated, it is centered on inclusive, relational ministry and uses Bible study, prayer, rites of passage, and outreach ministries. Creative, developmentally appropriate lessons are arranged within three categories of Self, Society, and Spirituality.
There are three modules included in the program:
- A two-year cohort for ages 11-13
- Includes the Rite 13 ceremony
- Uses serious and fun activities, reflection, and discussion
- Introduces Bible study, prayer, service projects
- A two-year cohort for ages 13-15
- Helps develop critical thinking and responsibility
- Introduces new ways of engaging with scripture and prayer
- Concludes with the Pilgrimage experience
- A two-year mentor-based cohort for ages 15-18
- Emphasis on discernment and vocation
- Robust Bible studies and focus on service to the church and community
- Concludes with the 4Ward ceremony