My Heart Sings Out is a hymnal designed for all-age worship, with the aim of the full inclusion of children in weekly worship. It is organized in two main sections, the eucharistic liturgy and the church year, with additional thematic sections including songs for baptism and confirmation, songs of thanks and praise, and songs of suffering, healing and assurance. Among its features:
- It will enable you to fully incorporate children into your worship
- Pieces have been carefully selected to represent the best of congregational church music from the last 25 years
- Christian educators will find resources for all their needs, from church school to vacation programs
- As children learn these new songs, adults will learn unaccompanied part-singing alongside them
- This hymnal will provide your child with a life-long Christian education through music.
"This paperback volume, written specifically for Anglican worship, is an excellent resource for Episcopal choir directors working with children and Christian formation directors. Vidal-White, who worked in music ministry in the Church of England before coming to the United States, fully appreciates that elementary school-age children need fairly simple lyrics and melodies. This volume provides an ample selection of such tunes, divided by liturgical year. A topical index in the back is also very helpful."
—Cynthia Coe, etchristianformation.org